Tuesday 6 January 2009

One step closer

I have submitted my PhD dissertation. It is right now in the hands of my examiners, who are reading it and deciding whether I'm worthy of three more letters after my name. I'm one step closer to being a fully-credentialed scientist. Pretty cool.

This also means I'll have time to get back to a somewhat more regular blog schedule, and to participating in the online humanist community a bit more. But I do still have a viva coming sometime soon, for which I need to prepare; I do still have a post-doc jam-packed with paper-writing for the next year; and I do still have a gregarious daughter and a patient wife who I want to spend the bulk of my free time with.

So please bear with me as I look for the right balance between family, work, and you. And, if you have any particular hopes or aspirations for this blog, let me know in the comments for this post.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the submission and good luck with the viva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tim! That's excellent news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! And all the best for your viva prep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It's nice to know that I have a cheering section for these milestones.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to a new domain:

http://friendlyhumanist.net/

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.